Ekushey Installation1. Download the installer program (ekush22.exe)
2. Uninstall any previous versions of Ekushey you have currently installed
3. Close MS Word
4. Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions
5. The computer will now reboot
6. Start up MS Word
- If you see the dialogue box shown below, click the Enable Macros button to proceed. (To avoid
seeing it every time, adjust the macro security level).
If you don't see any boxes, then your
security level is set to 'high'. Activate Ekushey from the Word
Templates and Add-Ins option on the Tools menu, as shown below. Make sure there is a tick in the small box opposite the name
of the Ekushey template, 'ekush230.dot'.
- If you see the welcome screen shown below, then Ekushey is running; proceed to step 7.
7. If you see the welcome screen shown, Ekushey is
installed and running. Just click 'OK' to proceed. If you wish to skip
this stage in future, click on the
box at the top of this welcome screen.
About Microsoft Word Security
If you see a warning about
macros security then your copy of Microsoft Word is set up with
protection against malicious, self-replicating macros, known as 'macro
viruses'. To review your macro security settings, click on the Tools
menu, Macros sub-menu. Click on Tools -> Macro -> Security... In
Word 2000 or Word XP you will see the dialogue box below, which
explains your options.
Ekushey runs as a Word add-in, so an alternative method
to the one described above, (suitable for advanced users) would be to check the
checkbox on the Trusted Sources pane.
If you are running Word XP, you will also need to check the checkbox.