Ekushey Bengali Typing for Microsoft WordOur first project was Ekushey typing system,
which extends Assamese/Bengali typing support to Microsoft Word
users, replacing a host of separate incompatible commercial products for
typing Bangla. It does not support Unicode,
but is compatible with the majority of TTF fonts
and a lot of different keyboard layouts.
We have had about 20,000 downloads, so this is our second most popular project, after
the next generation (Unicode Bangla)
typing input system for Windows 2000 or better.
Go to the Downloads
page to look at the manual or get the latest version of Ekushey for free, or
take a quick look at the FAQ. If
you use it regularly, please help make it even better by visiting the
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Word (97 or later)
- Very easy to use - runs within MS Word
- Keyboard layout editor
- Switch English/Bengali by pressing a single key
- Multiple font group support
- Choice of Graphic or Phonetic input method
- Many extras: multiple conjunct forms & integration with
Word language formatting etc.